lunes, 20 de enero de 2014

TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE: he didn't want to survive, he wanted to live!

Santander, 17 de enero de 2.014

Today, in my English class, we have watched “Twelve years a slave”. It’s a film based in a true story directed by Steve McQueen and performed by Chiwetel Ejifor, with a short appearance of Brad Pitt, that has become one of the most important candidate for the Oscars.



Nueva York, 1.850.
Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejifor) is a smart, black, free man. He has a wife and two kids and he’s happy but one day his life changes completely.
Two bad men trick him like a wooden boy. They promise him a good job with a good salary but everything is a big lie.



They catch him, lock him up and move him to the South where he becomes a slave.
He knows what he has to do to survive but he doesn’t want to survive: he wants to live!
He’s waiting for a chance to scape…


I know that life can be very cruel sometimes but when I go to the cinema I don’t need to see it: I prefer to enjoy my free time!
It’s a good film with a fantastic photography but there’s no music, there’s no plot and it’s too cruel.
I didn’t like it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario